Thursday, January 19, 2012

Still Wondering

I called the genetics office today to see if Daniel's results from the microarray are in. I was put on hold four times (and man, is the elevator music loud on their system) and finally the secretary talked to me.

"I can see that the results are in, but the counselor isn't available to talk to you right now. She'll have to get back with you."

"Will that be tonight or tomorrow? Because if it showed something, I REALLY want to know as soon as possible." Hell, it's only been thirteen years.

"Ok, she's in clinic for the rest of the day, but I'll send her a message and let her know that you're anxious for the results."


Since it's after six, she must be waiting to contact me. At least I'm off tomorrow and can start calling them myself bright and early. I don't want to wait until Monday, and I know how to be a nudge.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, how frustrating. I shake my head at the lack of urgency --