Friday, January 20, 2012

Completely Normal

The microarray test, that is.

So, from here, no more testing until we can look at the entire genome. The capability is there, but scientists/doctors are not able to interpret it yet. That's several years down the road. And, as the counselor pointed out this morning, Daniel's issues may not be genetic.

"We may never know what caused Daniel's specific difficulties," the counselor said. I was expecting this result and some form of that statement.

Completely normal. I'm gonna go drink coffee and ponder that.

4 comments:

Phil Dzialo said...

Could it be that the dx is simply "excessively, preciously cute"?

Carolyn said...

It could be, Phil! And mine is probably "obsessively, compulsively pursuing a point that's moot".

Heather said...

I am with you, the "obsessively, compulsively pursuing a point that's moot", part. The non-answer stuff drives me crazy.Wildly sometimes. Wanting and answer, and a reason. 5 years later and I STILL do that with Zoey's stroke. It all becomes a test for me, to give up control and know, they, the answers, may never come.

So for now, go with Phil's DX, I think he is spot on!

Elizabeth said...

As the recipient of the inconclusive diagnosis, I understand your pondering.

Sigh.