Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sick Days

We've had to take a few of them this week. Daniel starting vomiting on the way to school on Monday, and it took a good 48 hours to be eating and drinking normally (for him) again. He topped it off with a seizure on Tuesday, just when I thought he might be turning a corner.

His seizures cause him to turn a deathly shade of pale, and his eyes go completely blank. I start thinking CPR everytime.

I laid beside him a lot (really happy for the new bed at times like these). I told him over and over how much I love him, that I won't leave him, and that I'll do everything I can to help him feel better.

Yesterday, he was still weak, but getting his sense of humor back. I shared some family gossip that was pretty silly but top secret. (If he starts talking, I might be in trouble. ) He laughed the sort of insanely hard laughs where you think you might never stop. Cracked us both up.

Today he woke up with his usual smile, He's not 100% Daniel yet, but pretty close.

2 comments:

Heather said...

So happy that he is feeling better and hoping that his threshold for seizures was just low because he wasn't feeling well and that that corner that he so deserves, is right around the bend.

Carolyn said...

Thanks, Heather! They said he had a good day at school, but he had another seizure tonight when his sister and I were hanging out with him on his big bed. His face flushes, then turns white and he's completely limp. I increased the Topamax just to be safe. I do not like seizures!