Thursday, May 17, 2012

Everybody in the Pool!

When Daniel was a colicky baby, one of the few things that soothed him was water. We'd jump in the tub more than once a day back then. He still loves it. The "kiddy pool" below is nice because he can splash away to his heart's content with me sitting nearby. I don't have to turn into a prune for him to have a great time. I've tried several flotation options, like the ones in these pictures.



























This year I'm going to try a head float like this one:

He won't be able to fall face foreward with this. It'll go around his neck, leaving his arms free for splashing (again, favorite activity), and his legs can move around too. I hope it doesn't make him feel like he's too constrained. My goal is to be in the water with him, but without the worry of him dipping his face in the pool.

No comments: