Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bombshell

Yesterday my mom took some pictures of Daniel sitting with me in the front yard. It's been awhile since the two of us have had a good one taken, so she snapped a stream of them. Not. One. Smile.




As you can see, it was pretty much a bust.

Later that evening, I took him to speech therapy. He has always had a penchant for pretty blondes. Even when he was a very small boy, he would blush and grin whenever he'd get close to certain people of the female persuasion. His SLP is a young, very attractive woman with long, blonde hair.

So, when she came into the room and talked sweetly to him, his face lit up. Suddenly, he couldn't stop smiling (forgive the mess his hair is, we had just come in from the rain).



In many ways, he's just a typical guy!

3 comments:

Phil Dzialo said...

Must be some karmic energy and bondedness with our boys...Adam's also goes with a wide smile whenever he's near a blond, preferably scantily clad. Actually, before his accident his first girlfriend at 12 years old was a blond...ya can't take the man out of the boy or the boy out of the man; disability certainly doesn't.

Elizabeth said...

Totally! I mean, who is going to smile with their mother, for goodness sakes? :)

Carolyn said...

@ Elizabeth--The pure boredom on his face when he's hanging out with me speaks volumes! Gone are the days when I rocked his world.

@Phil--I remember once when he still fit in an umbrella stroller, he was at his dad's office and a cute blonde started talking to him. He almost flipped the stroller over he got so excited!

I say blondes have an unfair advantage. lol I'd wear a wig, but I'd look like a man in drag!